Monday, August 6, 2012

Starting with Merise Haindehl

I'm still wondering where to start. I know I should have been doing this a long time ago, but events of late have been egging me for a little fire-starter. Maybe I should just jump right in. Or dump everything all at once? Well, I'm a good dumper. So for a first ever entry I'm posting a ragtag composite portrait of a character from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Certainly not the first I made out of image bits... Well, let's just call this one a draft.

Merise Haindehl, an Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time Series


I'm quite satisfied with how I managed to show her ageless look (that, according to the books, can be mystifying/frightening/mind-boggling to common folk). Still a little difficult considering that the look should confuse people about the woman's age from around 20 to 40 or so years. Here's a close-up.


Of course, it all started as a draft, but I couldn't stop adding bits and pieces everywhere so I ended up polishing it a bit. My intention is digitally paint these, and hopefully master the art.

Here's a link for more information about her character: http://library.tarvalon.net/index.php?title=Merise_Haindehl

No comments:

Post a Comment